FW: EMERGENCY ??? AMATEUR RADIO NEEDS YOUR HELP NOW!

Joseph Bento joseph at kirtland.com
Thu Jun 27 18:20:16 CDT 2013

On 6/27/2013 7:39 AM, William Fenn wrote:

> I believe threats to our amateur bands come from the folks who would love to
> take over the amateur frequencies for commercial purposes.
>
> N4TS

UHF and microwave frequencies, maybe, though unlikely.  Microwave would
be the only part of the frequency spectrum that could offer any
significant bandwidth.  HF would be all but useless for modern, portable
communication.  Commercial shortwave broadcasters within the USA are
essentially nonexistent today.

Though the amateur community often still gets praise for help in
disasters, I believe we tend to think of ourselves as far more valuable
than we actually are.

Joe, N6DGY