fios vs comcast

Howard Cunningham howardc at macrollc.com
Sat Jul 6 19:33:48 CDT 2013

See my comments below

Howard Cunningham, MCP
howardc at macrollc.com<mailto:howardc at macrollc.com> - personal
For technical support, send an email to service at macrollc.com<mailto:service at macrollc.com> or call 703-359-9211 (24/7)

From: tacos-bounces+howardc=macrollc.com at amrad.org [mailto:tacos-bounces+howardc=macrollc.com at amrad.org] On Behalf Of Alex Fraser
Sent: Saturday, July 06, 2013 7:49 PM
To: AMRAD Reflector
Subject: fios vs comcast

Fios has arrived in my hood.   They set up a tent in a neighbors yard and have been making their pitch.  They point to prices and say "wow".  We have comcast already and price is not my only concern.  I have a feeling there are technical issues!

I not allowed to have a server hooked up under Comcast.
[HC:>] Normal for residential accounts
Is  a Fios user allowed to set up a server?
[HC:>] Not for residential accounts.  With Comcast, you can upgrade to a business class account and you will get a static IP address and the ability to host servers.  The cost is about $100/month for business Internet.  I don't know about TV on Comcast business accounts.
This would be for a regular,
[HC:>] No such thing as a "regular" account.  Business and residential are the types.
not buisness customer.
Related to the above I asked the sales person if fios used IP6 and of course he didn't know.
[HC:>] Good questions....

So is IP6 available for me to plug in a wire at my house and have IP6 addresses on each device?
Is that even possible yet?  What routers would I need?

On the TV side how would you compare comcasts HD quality to Verizons?  Is there much difference?
[HC:>] No clue, we are in Cox...we have been using FIOS for a while with no complaints.

Really they set up a tent, like a carnival!

--

       No electrons were harmed in the creation of this message