FW: fios vs comcast

William Fenn bfenn at cox.net
Mon Jul 8 10:31:45 CDT 2013

"Under the power is the old copper phone lines, then cable coax and now
fiber optic."

Alex, are you lucky.  FIOS (a.k.a. VERIZON) brought their contractor into
our neighborhood, complete with appeared to be the Hispanic population that
resides around the 7 - 11 store in Herndon, and destroyed yards and
driveways while ignoring the correct right of way.  I went outside while
they were digging what appeared to be two graves in my front yard and showed
them the right of way on the builders plat and they basically told me to get
f - - ked.  They then quickly buried the corpse (in this case fiber) and
skedaddled.   It appears as though VERIZON inherited the Old AT&T gene that
produced an 800 pound gorilla.  Oh, I forgot to mention neighbors started
finding hypodermic needles and other druggie things on the ground in the
neighborhood while the workers were busily doing their thing.  They haven't
found any since the job was done.

At least you had telephone poles where we had none.  Let's hope their wind
load calculations were correct when it comes to the telephone poles and
severe weather.  Oh well, maybe that will be PEPCO's fault.

  _____