Ths IEEE: Someone else wrote Maxwell's equations

bbruhns at erols.com bbruhns at erols.com
Tue Jul 23 14:06:40 CDT 2013

I couldn't resist, Andre :)

I really should study that math and work with it, because I always want to break the conventional rules in radiation.  It would help if I knew what they are!

At least I sat down once and calculated field strength vs. power, using "the impedance of free space."  Assuming that I wasn't completely confused, and assuming that it was wasn't just a coincidence that I got good agreement with standard AM broadcast field strength vs. power at 1 KM and 1 mile distances, I think I did it right.  But the _derivation_ of the impedance of free space is something that is at a whole other level.  This 'electromagnetic radiation' thing is still a bit of a mystery to me.

   Bob, WA3WDR