Unknown antenna

fgentges at mindspring.com fgentges at mindspring.com
Sat Aug 10 08:19:16 CDT 2013

Bingo!!

I think Iain has he answer.   That sure is consistent with the stuff on
the mast in the picture.  Several heights looks like a radiator on one
side and a measurement detector on the other side.    They are probably
doing measurements of the transmission through air of several
wavelengths of light.  From that deduce the amount of dust or whatever
at various heights above ground.

The single devices are probably for some sort of calibration.

That Saharan red dust is important problem for some at USDA.  See
Wikipedia at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain_dust.

Thanks to Iain for the solution to a vexing tacos question.

Frank