Commercial AC power outage - restore Voltage ?

Chip Fetrow tacos at fetrow.org
Sat Aug 24 01:20:14 CDT 2013

Ravenswood No. 3 was in use when the grid went down, but the power failure killed it.

It seems the turbine oil pumps were connected to the grid, and when the grid went down, the lubrication of the turbine bearings was lost, and that was all she wrote.

It was built in 1965 -- I think it took two years to get there, so it couldn't have been on-line long before the grid failure.

--chip