All REAL Tacostas need one of these "fos"

Phil philmt59 at aol.com
Wed Aug 28 17:57:37 CDT 2013

It is sad but true that 90% of Dayton Hamventioneers probably would not think beyond scrolling callsigns. With a little ingenuity, this thing should be able to display your callsign, frequency, output power and a dynamic display of your transmitted waveform.

What's the betting, however, that somebody decides to make it display the time? It'll be like the 1980s all over again…

Mine will say, "This display may be admired only by persons with sufficient physical, sensorial, and intellectual abilities and having corresponding knowledge and experience."

Phil M1GWZ

PS. The most scary thing I have ever seen displayed at Dayton was in 2007, on the sweatshirt of a notably elderly woman, probably in her early eighties (or from California), bearing the slogan, "I survived Hamvention 2007."

Okay, but this was at 11.30 am on the Friday morning. (True.) Optimism must be a wonderful thing.