Squirrely

Phil philmt59 at aol.com
Mon Sep 2 02:50:16 CDT 2013

Squirrels took out my last two long wire crystal set aerials. Back in July, we had our windows replaced, with scaffolding all around the house, which I saw as an opportunity to put up a bigger and better aerial. I bought heavier-duty wire, connected to the highest point on the roof of the house, knotted the connection point several times, then sheathed the first foot with polybutylene self-amalgamating tape, and then covered that with a thick layer of silicone caulk. That should mess with their nasty little teeth, I thought.

Next morning, I woke early to finish the job. I found the aerial wire on the ground, neatly chewed through (32 x 0.2 mm strands) just beyond the extent of the squirrel proofing. Squirrels one, Phil nil. If at first you don't succeed - give up.

Clearly, it is a gobal consquirrelcy.

Phil M1GWZ