Ham Radio Field Trip

3t3 3t3 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 2 10:31:58 CDT 2013

Hello -

We are rapidly approaching a point in time when Prince William 4-H will
be holding regular "Ham Radio" training sessions to generate an interest
in getting more deeply involved in becoming licensed Hams.

I am looking for ideas about what might be good "field trips" to take
small groups (6 to 10 kids + 2 adults) of 4-H folks out to see things
that are Ham Radio related - sort of a show and tell about Ham Radio,
Short Wave Broadcasting, Make Sessions, a TV-Station ... and similar ideas.

Field Day would be a good example or maybe a trip to AMSAT - things like
that.

I am asking for your input on this - where might be good places to take
the kids to see what "Radio" and "Electronics" is all about ?

Please email me any ideas you have.

Thanks :-)

--
     Terry McCarty