Is a CdS photoresistor a good detector for green light?

Phil philmt59 at aol.com
Wed Sep 4 04:41:33 CDT 2013

If you're adding a secondary LED, use an ultrabright green or yellow one. Of course, if going this route, you could just use a cheap optocoupler.

I like CdS photoresistors, though - their ubiquity dealt the much-loathed ROHS regulations a crippling blow when legislators discovered that they couldn't ban cadmium from everything.

Phil M1GWZ