Anybody messing with teh new Arduino Yun?

Rob Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Mon Sep 23 18:22:32 CDT 2013

Louis Mamakos <louie at transsys.com> writes:

> Imagine that I approached the AMRAD exhibit at Winterfest. Several
> different projects are shown, newsletters and papers are
> available. I don't have time to look into everything presented. But
> content about all of these is easy to broadcast right there in the
> booth by Wi-Fi. I could take my phone, tablet or laptop, connect
> directly to the booth's Wi-Fi content server, and immediately
> download your documents as PDFs or just web pages, and take them
> home. No use of my phone's data plan, no passwords, no waiting. No
> cost.

Or just link to the top page for each project where all the PDFs etc
are linked with a simple QR code below each thing of interest so they
can bookmark it for later.  Quick and easy, and people already know
what to do with a QR code, uses epsilon from their data plan.
Regardless of whether people have Android, Apple, or some other
product, you're going to spend as much time dicking around with
people's phones trying to get the bloody thing to work with your
wireless as you are actually talking about your projects if you go
with the "server on a stick" model.

-r