HSMM-MESH

John Donaldson johnab8yz at verizon.net
Sun Oct 20 18:00:43 CDT 2013

I got two 54G boxes. One is a V1.0 and already programmed as a Mesh Node.
The second box is a V3.0. I accessed the default Linksys page, went to
Administration, Firmware Upload, and uploaded the latest version of the
HSMM-MESH firware. It came back and said firmware installed. I then did
a 30-30-30 procedure and waited for the node to complete. Then I took my
Win8 laptop, set the wi-fi to airplane mode, set the built in IP port to
172,27.0.100 and 255.255.255.0.
I then hooked the Cat 5 able to the LAN port, fired up Firefox and
attempted to link to http://172.27.0.2:8080/ with no results. It comes
back and says that it can not find the address and port. So I tried the
V1.0 node that I had programmed back in Dallas a year ago and was
working then but got the same message from the browser. i then activated
a CMD window and tried to ping 172,27.0.2 and got no response that it
even exist. I got the same result with the V1.0 node too.
     When I activate the wi-fi on the Win8 laptop, I can see both of the
wi-fi ports on the V1.0 and V3.0 nodes. I can even connect but no displays.

Any thoughts as to what I am doing or not doing?

John Donaldson
AB8YZ