Greetings Fellow Weather Watchers

Richard O'Neill richardoneill at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 5 09:28:55 CST 2013

  Have you noticed that we haven't heard much about hurricanes this
season? Noting that solar activity has been well below predictions and
norms for some time now plus the unusually cool and wetter Spring and
Summer we've just experienced along the east coast and throughout much
of the mid-west, do you wonder if there could be an causal association,
at least in part?

  And what happened to dire predictions of global warming? They seem to
have fizzled a bit. I was so looking forward with glee and delight to
warmer/dryer Winters but now wonder if that expectation will be slowly
extinguished like smoldering embers in gently falling rain.

  Heaven forbid, could we be due for another mini ice age - so soon? Is
it time to seek answers by casting bones or reading tea leaves by
campfire light? That might be more telling than listening to
professional prognosticators. To quote Dylan, "you don't need a
weatherman to know which way the wind blows". :-\

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/what-happened-to-the-2013-atlantic-hurricane-season-16616

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/sy-187835137/bob_dylan_subterranean_homesick_blues_official_music_video/

Richard