FOX News: FCC announces plans to upgrade century-old phone system

Louis Mamakos louie at transsys.com
Thu Nov 21 18:43:42 CST 2013

On Nov 21, 2013, at 6:05 PM, Richard O'Neill <richardoneill at earthlink.net> wrote:

> On 11/21/2013 5:13 PM, Andre Kesteloot wrote:
>> FCC announces plans to upgrade century-old phone system.
>
>  That's all well and good I suppose but will we still be able to use rotary phones?

If you’re a Vonage customer, you can still use your rotary phones with that service.  At least that was the case while I was CTO before leaving a few years back.  I even had an ancient Bell 113 DataPhone on my desk, with a quite robust mechanical ringer as my own personal test configuration.  And to frighten the young engineers with.

louie
wa3ymh