Projects of interest

Karl W4KRL W4KRL at arrl.net
Thu Dec 12 15:15:02 CST 2013

[reposted by W4KRL]

From: Jeff Scaparra <jeff at scaparra.com>

Date: Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Subject: Re: Reminder: Annual Business Meeting Tonight

To: Karl W4KRL <W4KRL at arrl.net>

Unfortunately I cannot attend the meeting. I have not been as involved as I
would like over the last year but I thought I would mention my interest over
the next year in case anyone is interested in working on these things with
me.

I am trying to get a Ettus Research USRP B210 and two ham it up adapters to
build a radio that can operate in a high noise environment (like at my
townhome) by utilizing the two rx antenna ports and looking at the phase of
signals to pull out the signals of interest. I often have a S7 to S9 level
of noise at my QTH. I have tried to identify the noise source however there
are many and I was unsuccessful but I do know that it isn't in my home as I
turned off power to my home and ran on batteries to verify. If anyone has
knowledge of open software that can do this or any projects that I should be
aware of I would appreciate it.

Secondly I will be building a magnetic loop antenna with a vacuum variable
and hard line. I will be utilizing a chipkit with a wireless module and a
stepper motor to control the variable capacitor.

If anyone is interested in these topics please let me know.

Jeff N6SDR