Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum

Frank Eliot feliot at his.com
Fri Dec 27 19:26:02 CST 2013

John -
	This is an interesting history, but it addresses a different problem from what Andre was proposing. The torpedo application was interested in making it difficult for the enemy to jam or spoof the control signals. It sounds like the torpedo would sync up with the transmitter before launch using a rate offset until sync was achieved. If that was to be the case, then finding a clear channel was not an issue. The question I was addressing was how to sync the receiver to the received SS signal in the real ham world with crowded band conditions.