Facebook group

Rob Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Sat Jan 4 17:16:47 CST 2014

Joseph Bento <joseph at kirtland.com> writes:

> On 1/4/2014 2:21 PM, Richard O'Neill wrote:
>>
>>  A post site for images and such would be handy but rather than use
>> Facebook couldn't the current AMRAD site be configured to include
>> member postings?
>>
>> Richard
>>
> Google Groups or Yahoo Groups is also a possibility.  They allow
> posting of images by members as well as files, but storage is not
> finite.   Facebook, despite its faults, does work well for a service
> as proposed.

All of the free social networking sites are too heavy on lock-in and
other people monetizing the users (that's you and me) for my tastes.
I'm not on Facebook now, nor do I ever intend to be.  I'm not alone
here - most of my friends who are concerned about personal privacy
aren't on Facebook either.  My Google and Yahoo accounts are largely
unused, for the same reason.

I think it would be better to focus on ways that we could improve the
current AMRAD site, get more content from more people onto it.

What other shortcomings are we trying to address here?

Thanks,

-r