SDR dongle problem

wb4jfi at knology.net wb4jfi at knology.net
Mon Jan 6 22:55:00 CST 2014

Usually, you should NOT let the dongle software/Windows install a driver, as it might interfere with the Zadig driver.  I would plug in the dongle, find the driver in the device manager, remove it COMPLETELY, remove the dongle, reboot the machine at least once, then load the Zadig driver before plugging the dongle back in (I think).

I don’t run Norton, and have seen lots of comments about how Norton messes up various drivers, etc.  I think that’s the real reason Peter Norton left the country to South America for a while – he was too embarrassed and ashamed by what the software bearing his name had become.

I have no problems running SDR# and the zadig driver on several Windows 7 machines here.  I think that I’ve even tried it on a Win8 tablet.  McAfee does not give me a hard time about it.
73, Terry, WB4JFI