SDR dongle problem

Phil philmt59 at aol.com
Tue Jan 7 15:30:47 CST 2014

On 7 Jan 2014, at 20:02, Richard O'Neill wrote:

> On 1/7/2014 2:54 PM, Alex Fraser wrote:
>> with sparse resources, I wonder how low can you go?
>
> I have a Timex Sinclair TS-1000 machine (with add-on 16K memory) that you can try. =-O
>
> Richard

I still have a Toshiba T-1000 laptop with DOS 3.1 in ROM and a 10 MHz X-86 processor. Too stupid to be able to run Windows, I did all my data analysis (in Quattro Pro) for my PhD, generated all my graphs, and wrote, formatted and edited my thesis on it in WordPerfect. It remains, to this day, the only computer that I have ever used that NEVER ONCE crashed or let me down.

Enthusiasts may recall that it was a T-1000 that nearly defeated Arnie in 'Terminator 2'. I rest my case.

Phil M1GWZ

PS. There is nothing wrong with Norton software if you observe the tiny print message that reads, "For best results, after installing Norton, switch off your computer, cut the plug off the power lead, bury the machine at least four feet underground and never think of it again."