Antivirus musings (was Re: SDR dongle problem)

Mike O'Dell mo at ccr.org
Tue Jan 14 10:56:02 CST 2014

yes, there are many other business models which can
work depending on the goals. I believe the people there
are smart and quite familiar with the alternatives. I can
therefore only conclude that the model they are pursuing
is most aligned with their strategic goals, whatever
they are. (The CEO did a turn as a DARPA program manager

In point of fact, the real revenue streams in the security
software space come from large enterprise and OEM relationships.
direct to consumer is barely observable in the mix.

that isn't to say that others are wrong for pursuing the models
they are pursuing - just that Invincea has made a different
choice.

	-mo