USB hand cranked charger

Joseph Bento joseph at kirtland.com
Sat Feb 8 10:43:39 CST 2014

On 2/7/2014 8:57 PM, Frank Gentges wrote:
> OK. I am a fool for little gadgets too so I ordered up a handful (4
> ea) to be in my emergency kits.  A great cheap thrill.
>
> Frank K0BRA

I still remember my first hand-cranked flashlight I got as a kid. It was
from mid '70s, imported from Soviet Russia. It used an incandescent
bulb.  (This was years before white LED's.)  It had no regulation, and
apparently no governor, as the faster you cranked, the brighter the bulb
lit.  Crank too fast, and the bulb expired. It was really a fun toy for
a short while.

Joe, N6DGY