USB hand cranked charger

Phil philmt59 at aol.com
Sun Feb 9 06:42:38 CST 2014

On 9 Feb 2014, at 04:57, Alex Fraser wrote:

> I got a nasty cold, that has reduced my desire to play with my toy gadgets, but as soon as I am feeling more tinker friendly I'm going to try powering an Arduino. Hand cranked and embedded,  a marriage made in heaven...

I can't help thinking that you'll quickly run out of hands. However, I can confirm that the Gabotronics Xprotolab miniature oscilloscope, based on the ATMega chip, will work perfectly well when powered by a two-inch-square CIS solar cell, even under indoor lighting. I also have an MK484 earpiece radio that works for about 20 minutes when a hand-cranked geared motor is used to charge fully a small 5 V, 1 farad capacitor.

To your swift recovery,

Phil M1GWZ