W4CIA 147.210 Mhz

Frank Gentges fgentges at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 10 21:13:27 CST 2014

Richard,

The W4CIA repeater is open to all radio amateurs... and we at AMRAD
encourage one and all to use it.  We want to see it become a well used
meeting place as well as a means for emergency communications in a disaster.

You may want to try a 2 meter yagi but remember to turn it vertically to
match the polarization of the repeater.  a 5 element yagi should have a
chance if the topography is not too bad.  Go ahead and try the J-Pole,
you might get lucky as well as trying an attic mounted yagi.

The majority of hams on 2 meters use horizontal polarization so they
will have a loss when trying to connect to vertically polarized
repeaters.  Your nearby ham is probably so limited bit a quick look will
tell.

Frank K0BRA