Tablet Recommendation

Richard O'Neill richardoneill at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 25 14:15:18 CST 2014

Greetings Tacoistas,

  I could use a little help. I'd like to buy a tablet but know next to
nothing about them. The uses I envision are WiFi for surfing the web and
email, mostly reading but occasionally sending. I'd also like one that
accepts a camera memory card so I can download and email pictures as I
travel. I definitely don't want any subscription services. I'll be using
it with my home WiFi and whatever free WiFi I encounter in the
hinterland. Long battery run time would be a plus.

  I've heard a Samsung 3 Galaxy might be a good choice. I haven't a
clue. When searching I found 8" and 10" screens plus words like dual
core and Jelly Bean. Is Jelly Bean and dual core something I should
have? Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Richard