Android, not Apple, dominated the tablet market in 2013 - CSMonitor.com

Mike ODELL mo at ccr.org
Wed Mar 5 06:48:06 CST 2014

if you are talking units, yup, no question.

however, it is still the case that Apple is making circa 75% of all the profits
being made in the smartphone & tablet space.
the margins on all those Android devices are really thin.

Apple has never been about unit volume. It's always been about the money
because to keep doing really new things that push the boundaries takes serious
R&D funding. If everything you do starts life in a margin squeeze, it's hard to
do radical things, especially in really big companies that live on unit volume
(because the margins are so thin).  And it becomes a closed loop.

what I'd dearly love to know is how closely Apple's planning model hit the date
of the crossover.

we'll see what comes next.

     - mo

Sent from my iPad so please excuse the jammy fingers.