3D printers?

Martin dcmk1mr2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 15:57:59 CDT 2014

G-code is alive and well and is often at the heart of FDM 3D printers.
 Software like slic3r <http://slic3r.org/>  turns 3D models into G-code
files.  The G-code files are loaded onto the 3D printer to control the
extruder coordinates and output.

Some friends have developed an interesting CNC controller aimed at this
sort of application -
TinyG<https://github.com/synthetos/TinyG/wiki/What-is-TinyG> in
action <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEXy6E8G154>

Martin