One solar panel, multiple charge controllers?

William "Bill" Kisse WA3GJD at arrl.net
Thu Mar 20 09:48:51 CDT 2014

Robert:

I see no problem running three separate solar charge controllers.

I have purchased many controllers similar to this on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-20A-Solar-Charge-Controller-solar-regulator-12V-24V-battery-charger-/261428682135?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cde5d1d97

Cheap, but all have worked well for me.

Running separate controllers (may be wise to diode-isolated each from the other) will take care of your requirement and the use of three controllers will ensure that each battery's minimum/maximum voltage will be individually monitored.

Note that I have used a 250-watt 30-volt panel connected to a Mesh gel-cell to power my Amateur Radio equipment for over a year.

A great idea to have our ham equipment running on emergency power, yes?

Best of luck with you project.

73,

Bill
WA3GJD

William "Bill" Kisse

301-908-8279
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
Margaret Mead, American Cultural Anthropologist