Tunnel Diode Oscillator

Joseph Bento joseph at kirtland.com
Sat Mar 22 00:04:51 CDT 2014

Hi André,

I've been building for many, many years.  Tunnel diodes predate me,
however, as they had already become somewhat rare by the 1970's when my
electronics hobby interest began in earnest.

Over the past few years, I've started ordering many obscure electronics
parts from Russia, as many of these components remained in manufacture
right until the end of the cold war. Since I really enjoy "antique"
electronics as my hobby, these parts will keep me busy for years to
come.  It's nice to leave the surface mount stuff behind at work each day.

The tunnel diode seems to be one of those magical parts in its
operation.  I need to stay awake long enough to read through the theory
of how and why they work.  :-)

Joe, N6DGY