Frequency Hopper Synchronization

Louis Mamakos louie at transsys.com
Mon Mar 24 09:54:59 CDT 2014

With a proper GPS receiver that takes any care at all in managing the 1 PPS output, the accuracy available is much closer to a microsecond than a millisecond as mentioned in a previous email message.  With some due care, it’s within 100’s of nanoseconds of UTC.  Of course, this requires something “real” to sample the edge and doing that in only software will be a bit of a challenge.  But you ought to be able to do much better than mere milliseconds of accuracy, if indeed that’s helpful to the problem you’re trying to solve.

louie
wa3ymh