Please help decode this audio file!

Gary Chatters WA9ZZZ gclistr at garychatters.com
Mon Mar 24 20:44:56 CDT 2014

It was D-STAR data (according to someone, not me, who did manage to
decode some of it).  There was no embedded callsign, so further efforts
were required.

The source of the problem has been found and the interference has
stopped.  It was a couple of users sending text files via D-Star.  They
just happened to pick 146.400 MHz, the input to the 147.000 repeater.

The Ashton repeater has this problem from time to time, although it is
usually analog FM users.  The ARRL band plan says simplex frequencies in
the 146 range start at 146.40, but there are foot notes indicating local
variations.

Locating the source of the problem resulted from piecing together bits
of information and making a call to the right person who made another
call.  Tracking the signal was being worked on, but the source was found
by other means before being tracked.

73,
Gary
WA9ZZZ