Arduino and 74x595

Joseph Bento joseph at kirtland.com
Sun Mar 30 16:32:04 CDT 2014

Hey all,

Been playing around in Eagle Cad today, drawing some schematics for a
Arduino shield I want to play with.  I've never done much with shift
registers.  Looks to be a good way to get virtually unlimited outputs
with just three lines from the Arduino.

While I like to think my electronics skills are good, my programming
skills are dismal.

I want to be able to individually address a specific LED out of the 32
rather than light them in a sequence.  I think I have the data lines
routed properly between the 595s in the schematic.

If anyone can share a tutorial sketch, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Joe, N6DGY