147.21 Repeater / EchoLink

William Fenn bfenn at cox.net
Sun Apr 13 09:53:00 CDT 2014

Last week we installed a Kenwood TM-281A and interfaced it to the EchoLink computer with a Tigertronics Signal Link.  This has eliminated the lack of High Frequency in the audio and improved the signal into the repeater.

When I checked the link from my computer at home this morning I found there was a local QCWA net in operation on the repeater.  I checked into this net via EchoLink and received good reports on the audio and the report of a minor problem.  Seems as though the VOX  delay setting on the Signal Link needs to be a little longer.

EchoLink software can be downloaded at;  http://www.echolink.org/.  Once installed on your computer you will need to verify your license by using the instructions given on the Web Site.  They are very quick in getting back to you with a link for activation.

EchoLink will can be run in the back ground on your computer while you are surfing the web or doing some other task (including reading email).

Bill
N4TS