Greetings and a new TV series

lstoskopf at cox.net lstoskopf at cox.net
Sun May 25 21:35:09 CDT 2014

Mait hit me up at Hamvention for dues to AMRAD after I promised not to become the 'pest from Kansas'.  I had intended to be a lurker, but this new TV series showed up in Wired Mag and episode one shows some minimal promise:  big sparks from an IBM PC, cracking the assembly code for the bios on a weekend (how long does it take to do 64K a bite at a time by hand?), etc.  And the weak at heart better skip the early seamy parts, but Hey, it does have computers and test equipment.

Series starts on AMC, June 1 9P EST.  First episode here:

http://www.amctv.com/full-episodes/halt-and-catch-fire/3571290828001/i-o-full-episode

Anyway, Halt and Catch Fire is supposed to be about computers Was that really a command?

N0UU