Repeater QSO with G2KQ

Joseph Bento joseph at kirtland.com
Mon Jun 9 20:30:08 CDT 2014

On 6/9/2014 6:57 PM, Joseph Bento wrote:
> I guess I'm too late for the party. Darn.  All I'm hearing is the
> repeater's CW ID.  It's 0057Z . Where is everyone?
>
> Joe, N6DGY

Well, I just had a nice QSO via EchoLink with Bill, W3HXF.  He informs
me that Utah is a somewhat rare state on HF, so I suppose that should be
incentive to get a HF station back on the air.  The Yaesu FT-817 QRP rig
looks mighty attractive, especially since I have always had a fondness
for QRP operation.  I do have my old Kenwood TS-120 that has been in
storage for nearly 20 years.  I should unpack it and see if it still
works.  :-)

Joe, N6DGY