Re: Arduino radar shield

Karl W4KRL w4krl at dcm-va.com
Sat Jun 14 16:39:25 CDT 2014

Martin,

Impressive! At first I was confused by their use of FFT. I was thinking that the RADAR frequency was somehow changing as the target moved away. My understanding now is that it is a spectrum of all the delays in the return signals. Larger/more reflective targets will have a darker line and the position of the line corresponds to the distance to that particular target. It seems that simply presenting signal strength against time delay like old time radar units would give the same information with much less processing.

I received my first Kickstarter product. It is the positive/negative power supply. I ordered the 500mA unit for $10. I actually received the 2A unit (listed at $15) and a bare pcb. The unit is nicely constructed and came with a link to very good design and test information. He was looking for $1000 and got $18K!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pnmini/pnmini-positive-negative-power-supply-module-for-m

Karl