Negative

Mike ODELL mo at ccr.org
Thu Jul 17 22:20:44 CDT 2014

civilization was invented and developed by what you would call "liberals"

The single best indicator of the civility of a civilization is the degree to which
people understand and are willing to live by the understanding that the
global optimum is not your local maximum.

To have a civilization, people must be willing to cage the twin green-eyed monsters
of envy and greed. Otherwise it quickly degenerates to the "eff-you! I got mine!"
law of the jungle.

The art of maintaining a civilization is like flying a helicopter - it's dynamically unstable
and it requires constant tweeking to maintain sufficient equity without destroying
motivation. That means a democracy that stops evolving is doomed, which is
what's going on right now. The traditional power base are attempting to rewind the
calendar by 50 years to maintain their hegemony in the face of a massive demographic
shift that will have them an absolute minority by more than one key metric in at most
30 years. The good news is that nobody promised progress is strictly monotone increasing,
and that the evolution of civilization is hard to stop because people die so the power
structure will eventually shift, one way or another.

I'm always immensely amused by the Neo-Randians who don't understand that
she was an unrepentant Communist who replaced religion and philosophy with
pure narcissism as her epistemological foundation. The result is as uncivilized as
they come, which is why anarchy is the limiting case of libertarianism.

         Cheers,
           - mo

Sent from my iPad so please excuse the jammy fingers.