Object of Interest: The Vocoder

fgentges at mindspring.com fgentges at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 27 08:27:11 CDT 2014

My understanding is that the New Yorker is doing this as a stand alone
web thing and will not have anything in the magazine.  That may change
at some future time.  The author came down from New York and spent a day
or more on gathering videos for this.  He also spend several days
collecting interviews and searching the Bell Telephone Laboratory
archive.  All together, a considerable effort by New Yorker on this new
kind of project.  I am interested in seeing where all this leads.

Frank K0BRA