Broadcom offers $19.99 Internet of Things development kit - The Inquirer

WB4JFI wb4jfi1 at wb4jfi.com
Fri Sep 5 21:14:32 CDT 2014

Just as an FYI, I believe that Broadcom is the company that makes lots of specialized ICs, but is typically VERY reluctant to supply decent documentation for those parts.  Like one of the chips on the Raspberry Pi, where you had to sign off an NDA plus forfeiting your first couple kids just to get a peek at the docs.  That was not the first time, either.

Make sure that you can get ALL the required info BEFORE purchasing from them.
73, Terry, WB4JFI