Fwd: Re: BBC News: Molten metal batteries for the grid

Richard O'Neill richardoneill at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 21 15:15:50 CDT 2014

On 9/21/2014 3:37 PM, Phil wrote:
> It just goes to show what you can do when you throw the RoHS regulations out of the window.

  Well, that might cause one to wonder if lead will once again become
big business in this country. Do you suppose leftist politicians would
allow the reopening of Doe Run and other lead refining operations
instead of legislating to shut them down via the EPA?

  That would indeed be good news for ammo makers and users, to say
nothing of home brew radio enthusiasts who love the scent of smouldering
rosin in the morning. Smells like victory! Now if we could only develop
alternative "Green" uses for massive amounts of coal.

Anon