BBC News: Molten metal batteries for the grid

fgentges at mindspring.com fgentges at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 22 07:16:20 CDT 2014

There is another water based system in Missouri.  It is the Taum Sauk
Hydroelectric power station.  It was built in 1963 by Union Electric in
St Louis. It suffered a major failure from a hurricane.  More
information on this is at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taum_Sauk_Hydroelectric_Power_Station

Another project by Union Electric is Bagnell dam which was built in
1929-1931 prior to the TVA project.  It created Lake of the Ozarks, a
favorite recreational area.

Both were done on private money by Union Electric.

Frank K0BRA