BBC News: Molten metal batteries for the grid

Frank Gentges metavox at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 22 14:27:09 CDT 2014

I was unaware of this system in Bath county right here in Virginia.
There is a nice video at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk2YL46ewo0

I was impressed by the transport of the part along the mountain roads
all the way to York, PA for refurbishment.  That is quite a trailer.

I also wonder what the liquid metal battery would look like that could
replace this setup.  All that hot metal could be a problem.

Frank K0BRA