Neon bulb logic

Joseph Bento joseph at kirtland.com
Tue Sep 30 22:01:14 CDT 2014

On 9/29/2014 5:44 PM, Phil wrote:
> That's a lotta NE-1s. But wait! Do I spot some transistors sneaking
> into the picture at the top?
>
> Cool clock. I expect N6DGY to bring one to Hamvention next year.
>
> Phil M1GWZ

I knew my ears were ringing!!!  It's been a few days since I checked the
AMRAD list.  I have thought of making a neon logic clock.  Those neons
are extra special in the sense they are designed for that purpose.
Exacting firing and holding voltages - something you can't do with a
run-of-the-mill NE-2.

Nonetheless, I do have an all transistor logic (no chips) nixie clock
yet to build.  This is what the finished product will look like: