Learning to write code

Karl W4KRL W4KRL at arrl.net
Wed Oct 8 10:04:56 CDT 2014

André,

Have you played with Legos lately? It used to be that you got a box of
parts and put them together as you wished. Now, for the most part, the kit
gives you an option to build one of two or three models - no imagination
involved.

I don't think kids will learn much about hardware in putting together the
Kano. Maybe there is more challenge in using the drag-and-drop programming
tool shown only briefly.

The lesson I learned from their video is that if AMRAD wants to get more
members we need to get a couple of the current officers on a teeter-totter
with a hand held camera.  [?]

*73 Karl W4KRL*