HTML MAIL to Tacos List, WAS: End Fed HF Antennas

Chip Fetrow tacos at fetrow.org
Wed Oct 8 23:28:39 CDT 2014

All I could read of the message is what you read below, which reads that “An HTML attachment was scrubbed.”  That is no message, and conveys no useful information to me whatsoever.

Yes, I understand I COULD go to the web site in the link, then attempt to parse out the message until I could find a URL to yet a second web page.  That is not a clickable link, so the person who MIGHT want to BOTHER TO ATTEMPT to read it has to cut and paste it into YET another browser window.  THEN, POSSIBLY the person MIGHT be able to read the message.

WHY?  Because the poster insists on sending HTML mail.  Yep, the poster, COULD use MIME or Plain Text, but nope, instead of a simple click by the sender, the sender wishes to make EVERY OTHER LIST MEMBER be FORCED to jump through hoops to read a message.  If the message has any import at all, the sender would want it to be in a form that people to read.  If it is not at all important, make people jump through hoops.

This came up a couple years ago, and nobody cared.  It was at that moment that I made the personal decision that I was not going to go through all of that crap to read a message that obviously the sender didn’t care enough about to send it in the clear.  So, let me know when you work it out.

For over two years I have refused to decode that HTML crap, and I will continue to ignore it.  It is not worth my time or my effort.

—chip