HTML MAIL to Tacos List, WAS: End Fed HF Antennas

Rob Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Sat Oct 11 19:32:50 CDT 2014

Richard Barth <w3hwn at comcast.net> writes:

> It's Eudora, which
> passed into obsolescence years ago -- no longer supported. Like Win XP, it
> still serves its intended purpose.

Does "intended purpose" include notoriously vulnerable software
running in an Internet-connected mode with no security patches
available?

I certainly hope you don't do online banking.  On the bright side,
with Eudora (and in a decade or so with XP) you may be feeling the
OS/2 Warp effect - nobody develops security exploits for that anymore.

> I suspect that your problem with HTML is caused by something other than the
> Tacos reflector.

The Tacos reflector indeed inserted this message.  It's only a problem
when people's email clients are ill-behaved and only send HTML with no
quoted-text or utf-8 equivalent.

-r