Maybe off the track a bit but... LF

kf4hcw kf4hcw at lifeatwarp9.com
Sat Oct 25 17:21:34 CDT 2014

I've heard a few discussions lately at tacos that refer to LF and in
particular antennas.
The trick being that for LF radio, antennas must be large (as in huge)
and that this seems related to physical limits.

A while back I saw this article:

http://www.nature.com/srep/2014/140110/srep03627/full/srep03627.html

What struck me about it is that the technique allows microscopy with
finer detail than the wavelength of the photos used to illuminate the
target -- that sent me off thinking about a lot of things
quantum-mechanical, but one of those was:

Small objects and relatively long wavelengths of EM radiation.
Ultimately, LF radio is still EM radiation.

How might these insights be leveraged to the radio spectrum and what
would that mean for short antennas?

_M

--
kf4hcw