For those interested in Mexican Food! Who could that be?

Richard O'Neill richardoneill at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 29 09:02:11 CDT 2014

Here's a sample of on-line reviews for #2 on the list of best places.
Thanks but no thanks, I'll stick to Tippy's.

  *
    1 check-in

    After hearing about Pedro & Vinny's from fivethirtyeight's burrito
    bracket and reading their yelp reviews, I was really excited to give
    them a try.  Unfortunately, I have to say that I'm not a huge fan.

    Pedro & Vinny's meats could use more flavor.  I tried the chicken
    and the pork burritos, and while both were cooked properly and had a
    decent texture, they were lacking a lot in taste.  The salsas helped
    a little, but I was still not impressed  by the seasonings.  I did
    appreciate the wide selection of tortillas and vegetables.  Also,
    the portion sizes were extremely generous, especially for the price.

    Pedro & Vinny's didn't really deliver for me in the flavor
    department, but they serve up a decent burrito.  If you are
    interested in getting the most burrito (by weight) for your money,
    then this is definitely your place to go.

    I agree with Chris S from 9/21. This place is not good.

    There was almost zero flavor in the rice, beans, and the pork. To
    compensate for this, it seems, they load the burrito up with sauce.
    Each sauce was tasty on its own, but they put WAY too much. Maybe it
    was just my particular prepper/server, but the fillings were
    swimming, literally. They also melt and warm the tortilla before
    filling it, but they do it by steaming, not with a grill - so this
    makes the tortilla very gooey. A gooey tortilla, combined with the
    overly sauced fillings, and my unfortunate choice of juicy shredded
    pork, ended up becoming a hearty stew that I ate with a fork. Had
    the fillings been tasty on their own, we would probably go back and
    just get the sauce on the side, but the flavor was non-existent in
    the actual burrito.

    The only reason I took time out of our Saturday night goings-on to
    write this review is because my S.O. has spent the last 25 minutes
    in the bathroom thanks to this place. And she only managed to eat
    half her burrito...

    Bummer, we thought it would be better based in the reviews

  *

  Hmmm ...., I wonder if the reviewers were paid?