BBC News: WW2 technology 'Plan B' for GPS

Iain McFadyen ki4hlv at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 09:39:57 CST 2014

Can anyone explain why, in the BBC article, it says...

"If we walk over here, this is the radar, and that's not working either."

Why would a GPS outage take down primary radar? It would affect the map
overlay, but I contend that the primary radar would still function, giving
display of coastline, ships and other objects large enough to return energy.

I can only think it is journalistic embellishment.

Iain