FW: BBC News: WW2 technology 'Plan B' for GPS

William Fenn wfenn4 at verizon.net
Sun Nov 2 11:00:43 CST 2014

Now Iain, what makes you think the press would practice EMEBLLISHMENT?  Oh yes, a little embellishment helps to sell papers (in this case internet article) and if you are caught you can always recant and blame it on your source.

On Sunday, November 2, 2014 10:40 AM Iain McFadyen said;

“Can anyone explain why, in the BBC article, it says...

"If we walk over here, this is the radar, and that's not working either."

Why would a GPS outage take down primary radar? It would affect the map overlay, but I contend that the primary radar would still function, giving display of coastline, ships and other objects large enough to return energy.

I can only think it is journalistic embellishment.

Iain”