computer interfaced clamp ammeter

Rob Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Fri Nov 28 14:41:19 CST 2014

Mike O'Dell <mo at ccr.org> writes:

> I've seen Dranetz recordning power meters on Ebay for
> microscopic  fractions of what they used to fetch.
> they'll spot perturbations and record them.

Yeah, and I even used to have one.  I think it got lost in a move.  :-/

Anyway, it turns out I should have been asking the folks at the
office.  Our building's Critical Infrastructure guys [*] have a Fluke
435 series II with a large Pelican case full of accessories -
including the USB data transfer cable and software package.  They're
happy to lend it to me over one or more weekends, so long as I work
around their maintenance schedule.  Conveniently, our holiday
maintenance blackout is in force even as I type.  :-)

I'll let you know my results.  Should be interesting to see what the
actual charger draw profile on my Leaf is.  Speaking of which, I
wonder why our pals at Dominion haven't gotten back to me about
Schedule EV.

-r

[*] Don't call the guys who keep things working smoothly at facility
with two full floors of datacenter lab, a half floor of noc, and six
megawatts of power out back "building engineers".  It's like referring
to experimental hams with STAs as "CBers".